Global Action : Films
There are 4 documents in this section.
24 June 2012
In 1992, the year of the first Rio Earth Summit, tve started filming with 11 babies, born in 10 different countries around the world.
28 November 2005
Snapshots of Change is a groundbreaking series of short films made in 31 countries around the world to mark the 10th anniversary of the Beijing Fourth World Conference on Women (Beijing +10).
5 January 2003
Lifeonline is a multimedia series providing information to audiences worldwide about the impact of globalization on the poverty and social development. The series, which explores the main themes of last year's World Summit on Sustainable Development in Johannesburg, includes five videos which can be viewed on-line, or ordered through the Television Trust for the Environment's (TVE) website (details below).
22 August 2002
Since April, Earth Report has started brand new series with a countdown to the Johannesburg World Summit for Sustainable Development (Rio +10). Featuring re-designed graphics, the new Earth Report films explore a host of different views on the global environment and sustainable development.
- Goodbye to Planet 21
- Voices from Planet 21
- COMMENTARY: The case for family planning that Rio+20 forgot
- Women at Rio+20: disappointed and outraged
- Rio+20 Earth Summit: campaigners decry final document
- Zero Ten Twenty - The Children of Rio
- Rio+20 Earth summit talks turn into rubber-stamp job
- COMMENTARY: Creating a green growth guarantee for the Rio Earth Summit
- Vast rewards of education for girls and boys - everywhere
- Scottish eco-schools lead the way
- How to trigger greener, smarter growth - while fighting poverty
- COMMENTARY: Tipping points on the road to disaster
- People and the planet 'shortchanged' at G20
- 'Global green economy can save the planet'
- POZNAN COMMENTARY: Rhetoric and reality at climate talks